One day private WW2 battlefields tour from Moscow with a military historical guide.
The real Russia. On the left is the Orthodox Church of 1804. On the right is a traditional house of the late 20th and early 20th centuries.
The church is located on the old road from Smolensk (that is, from Paris and Berlin) to Moscow. The position on the hill during the Second World War allowed it to be used as a fortified area for firing at advancing German troops. The top of the church was used as an observation post by the Red Army. Mass graves to Soviet soldiers and a monument below indicate that there were big fights here during World War II.