Napoleonic war, World War II.
Smolensk Hero City, a Fortress city.
Many centuries Smolensk was a “Western” guardian of Moscow and has more 1100 years history.
- Smolensk – this is the famous battle in 1812 during the Napoleonic Wars.
- Smolensk – the old fortress, the cathedral and the churches
- Smolensk – is the famous battle of the Second World War. This is a HQ of the German Army Group “Center”.
- This – the birthplace of the ROA (Russian Liberation Army ) and the “Smolensk Manifesto.”
- Smolensk – it’s German intelligence school “Abwehr” “Saturn”.
- Smolensk – this is one of the first attempts to kill Hitler.
- Smolensk – this partisan movement. Many of the objects of this era, including “Hitler’s bunker” survived to the present day.
- In Smolensk, there are several historical museums and many monuments like the heroes of 1812, and the Second World War.
Smolensk can be visited in one day and two nights on the cars. You can choose to visit for 1-2 days by yourself by the train under our instruction. Guide is required in case the desire to visit the historical places in the region.
Among foreign tourists as the historic city of Smolensk popular.
Photos from our team.
Some words from authors:
I am Mikhail Blinov, the historical military expert, lived in Smolensk all my child age, more that 10 years. Like any soviet child we visited the all real battlefields , we liked the WW2 relic hunting and collecting any WW2 militaria. Our dacha (small summer house) was in this area. After WW2 time (“cold war time”) the Soviet army still used some German structure (communication center etc.) My father, military officer in the captain rank was a chief of Smolensk strategic missiles army unit communication center and…. a chief of the based on German building communication center also. I made a lot of photo with the Smolensk area 1970-1983 years and I’ll try to display all on this web-site. If you witch to visit Smolensk, write us and I’ll show you all interesting places and tell you the stories of my fathers…