WWI fortification, World War II, East Prussia.
This part of East Prussia was occupied by the Red Army in 1945 and was part of the USSR. In Germany, there is still a fraternity residents of Königsberg and East Prussia. The region has a long history. There are old castles and fortresses of different periods. In Kenigsberg, there is still preserved a system of forts of the First World, Second World Wars.
The Soviet period, the region – an enclave had and still has a special status. The naval base, military units and occupying former Nazi barracks. Old ruined houses and the Royal Castle. It seems that many of the city preserved since 1945 in its original form. Soviet occupation forces razed the Royal Castle and the Soviets wanted to build a house. As a result, for decades the center of the city instead of a beautiful old castle stood unfinished skeleton of the Soviet era.
After the bombing of the British in 1944 and the shelling and fighting in 1945 the land part of the city center was destroyed. Soviet authorities did not dig basements, covered all the asphalt and built a new home, do not explore the cave. East Prussia was used by the Nazis as a place of concentration of all the cultural and historical values, taken in the occupied territories. According to Colonel Ovsyanov (which when it blew up on the orders of the Royal Castle, and now runs contrary rehabilitation), in the land of Kenigsberg is the cultural and historical values of not less than 6 000 000 000$, including the famous “Amber Room.”
For foreign citizens, there are the special rules of the visiting and registering in this restricted area.
Almost all of the historic buildings, forts, museums have to do with Germany and the Second World War, making it one of the favorite places for military historians and tourists.
- private escorted Königsberg & East Prussia tours from Moscow and other cities
Königsberg – East Prussia battlefield tours
East Prussia & Königsberg is the best in the World WWII battlefield and the historical area. Why? Because:
- It was the LAST citadel of the German ELITE forces. A lot of the German BEST division, including “Gross Deutschland” fought and died here
- More that 5 000 000 000 $ of the World Culture items are loosen here: it was the German stock of the All culture items from all Europe. Germans preferred to hide that to give the culture items for the Soviet NKVD troops. “Prussia museum”, “Amber room” etc.
- British aviation (1944) in “barbarian style” destroyed more that 70 % of the old historical buildings, at least the ground parts. A lot of civilian German local people died. Genocide of the German people by the British army
- Soviet artillery (1945) destroyed a lot of the historical building too. After WWII all local German people was moved outside from East Prussia. Sometime to NKVD concentration camps. Genocide of the German people -2 by Soviet Army and NKVD
- All cold war era it was RESTRICTED are. No access for foreigners and, even for Russian visitors*
- “Conservation of ALL battlefield areas”. Some military German fortifications were occupied by the Soviet Army troops, some ones – were destroyed at the top only. All underground fortifications are still in the good conditions and waiting for the researchers
- There are a lot of the LEGENDS and MYTHS about Königsberg underground
You will visit again and again this area after you was here once…
Our team does work with the VETERANS, the former military officers spent whole life to study this region. Why we guarantee the excellent and adventure rest:
- Our team has the BEST in the World the specializing detectors (made in Russia), including the geo-radar
- Our team has two registered official the Historical Military Societies and private Museums
- Our team member is the owner (!) of the best battlefield areas, including BALGA
- Our team works with the assistance of the local Police officials and we GUARANTEE the security for you
* Some very interesting historical area such as Baltiysk are still closed for foreigners and even for Russians.
For your security you will be provided by our military officer – the guide, specialist in the East Prussia history
About our private tour in Königsberg and East Prussia (Kaliningrad region)
duration: 1 day, 2 days, till 1 week and more
permission: required for the some areas in advance
The historical military objects sights to be visited: see photo-albums: